Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spider Blogging

It's that time of year again, folks. Well, actually, it's not that time of year yet but the spiders don't know that. Due to the unbelievably warm weather we've been having the spiders think it's May. I walked into my office this morning to find an adult brown recluse sitting in the middle of the floor. It was dead, thank heavens. For some reason they come out of seclusion to die. I think they do this to creep me out.
All day I have been checking under my desk, shaking out my office sweaters, and checking the glue traps. The maintenance guys tell me that the building is infested and that they can't eliminate all of them because they hide in areas where sprays can't reach. Um....
I'm not sure why, but these spiders are not so "reclusive". From May to July each year I see an average of 3 dead ones per day and one live one per week. And no, I don't go out looking for them. They are just there. In the ladies room, in the supply closet, conference room, and stairwells.
The day I see one in my home is the day we put our house up for sale. Putting up with them at work is bad enough. I pay a pest control company to regularly treat the house. If a brown recluse ever tries to enter through any window, door, or crevice it will have to crawl right through deadly poison first.

Unless of course...one just hitches a ride home from the library in my book bag.

No comments: